One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1another term for horned lizard
- ‘Head on down to the Reptile Depot for desert iguanas from Nevada or horned toads from Texas.’
- ‘One sketch was of a remote that looked like a horned toad.’
- ‘The invading ants typically wipe out many species of native insects and can cause food shortages for insect eaters, such as horned toads, and create crises for ant-dispersed plants.’
- ‘When Pete is turned into a horned toad by the Sirens, well, that's plain weird.’
- ‘She ate the horned toad spitting blood into her eyes, the gila monster leaking venom through her veins, and the prickly pear shooting spears through her tongue.’
2A large toad with horn-shaped projections of skin over the eyes.
horned toad/hôrnd tōd/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.