A Eurasian poppy with grayish-green lobed leaves, large flowers, and a long curved seed capsule.
- ‘On shingle beaches one can sometimes still find yellow horned poppies, and in saltmarsh, common sea lavender and ditander.’
- ‘My last stars of the fall garden are the horned poppies, Glaucium flavum and Glaucium grandiflorum.’
- ‘Dungeness is good for yellow horned poppies, and Vipers Bugloss, as well as Rosebay Willow Herb, and loads of stonecrops.’
- ‘You may also find yellow horned poppies, crocuses and orchids, depending on the terrain.’
- ‘Its odd common name of horned poppy refers to its almost foot-long curved seed pods that arch as they ripen.’