One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An American lizard that somewhat resembles a toad, with spiny skin and large spines on the head, typically occurring in dry open country.Also called horned toad
- ‘By studying the horned lizards, scientists hope to better understand the complexity of the lizards' habitat, halt their steady decline, and find ways for man and reptile to coexist peacefully.’
- ‘The true horned lizard is a reptile not an amphibian.’
- ‘For example, the zebra-tailed lizard typically runs about twice as fast as the horned lizard, despite both species being of similar size.’
- ‘Sea turtles, grizzly bears, piping plovers, flat-tailed horned lizards, manatees and pygmy owls are among the wildlife whose survival has already become more tentative on Norton's watch.’
- ‘In coastal regions of California, the ant is contributing to a sharp decline in the population of coastal horned lizards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.