One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An American lizard that somewhat resembles a toad, with spiny skin and large spines on the head, typically occurring in dry open country.Also called horned toad
- ‘By studying the horned lizards, scientists hope to better understand the complexity of the lizards' habitat, halt their steady decline, and find ways for man and reptile to coexist peacefully.’
- ‘In coastal regions of California, the ant is contributing to a sharp decline in the population of coastal horned lizards.’
- ‘For example, the zebra-tailed lizard typically runs about twice as fast as the horned lizard, despite both species being of similar size.’
- ‘The true horned lizard is a reptile not an amphibian.’
- ‘Sea turtles, grizzly bears, piping plovers, flat-tailed horned lizards, manatees and pygmy owls are among the wildlife whose survival has already become more tentative on Norton's watch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.