A mollusk with a long tapering shell, occurring in brackish and marine waters.
- ‘True horn shells, or again, those in the family Potamidae, are primarily found in tropical waters.’
- ‘In turn, horn shells provide food for water birds which filter them from the mud.’
- ‘The cockle and horn shells they're made from are only found in the Mapoon area and so are the patterns she uses to string them.’
- ‘Beachcombing is also good for finding horn shells, moonsnails, cockleshells and an occasional sand dollar.’
- ‘These beautiful exotic jewellery items are hand-made from natural organic material such as seeds, cowry shells and horn shells.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.