Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A horizontal airfoil at the tail of an aircraft.
- ‘Flight 631 had just taken off from Reno, Nevada en route to Seattle when it was forced to return to Reno after the pilot reported a problem with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the aircraft.’
- ‘The glider was fitted with an A.I.R. horizontal stabilizer.’
- ‘Modifications to accommodate the horizontal stabilizer and the tail wheel have already been made to the aft fuselage.’
- ‘The tail unit was of the monoplane type and consisted of horizontal stabilizer, elevator, vertical fin and rudder.’
- ‘Soon after this the horizontal stabilizer hit the ground and the tail section separated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.