A horizontal airfoil at the tail of an aircraft.
- ‘Flight 631 had just taken off from Reno, Nevada en route to Seattle when it was forced to return to Reno after the pilot reported a problem with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the aircraft.’
- ‘Modifications to accommodate the horizontal stabilizer and the tail wheel have already been made to the aft fuselage.’
- ‘The tail unit was of the monoplane type and consisted of horizontal stabilizer, elevator, vertical fin and rudder.’
- ‘Soon after this the horizontal stabilizer hit the ground and the tail section separated.’
- ‘The glider was fitted with an A.I.R. horizontal stabilizer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.