One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A horizontal airfoil at the tail of an aircraft.
- ‘The glider was fitted with an A.I.R. horizontal stabilizer.’
- ‘Flight 631 had just taken off from Reno, Nevada en route to Seattle when it was forced to return to Reno after the pilot reported a problem with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the aircraft.’
- ‘Soon after this the horizontal stabilizer hit the ground and the tail section separated.’
- ‘Modifications to accommodate the horizontal stabilizer and the tail wheel have already been made to the aft fuselage.’
- ‘The tail unit was of the monoplane type and consisted of horizontal stabilizer, elevator, vertical fin and rudder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.