(in Spain and Latin American countries) a milky drink made from ground almonds, tiger nuts, or rice.
- ‘In Spain they are made into a refreshing milky drink, horchata.’
- ‘On the liquid front, the delicacy of choice for most Valencia residents is horchata, a milky drink made from tiger nuts and served very, very cold.’
- ‘To drink, try the cloudy, cinnamon-tinted agua de horchata or the ice-tea-like agua de tamarindo.’
- ‘He drinks horchata with the girls at the laundromat.’
- ‘This is the perfect sugar for iced tea, horchata, or any time you need to dissolve sugar in something that's cold.’