One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to hours as measurements of time.
- 1.1 Occurring every hour.‘I took horary observations of the barometer’
- 1.2Astrology Relating to or denoting a branch of astrology in which answers are given to questions using a chart drawn up for the time a question is posed.
- ‘Electional astrology is an event planning tool, and horary astrology is a precise and detailed questioning to help in planning major life events or dealing with dilemmas and decisions.’
- ‘Christopher Warnock is a well known and respected practitioner of horary astrology, one of the oldest and most useful branches of astrology.’
- ‘She was a popular teacher and practitioner and is best remembered for her work in the field of horary astrology.’
- ‘In order to find the answer to that, I set a horary chart for the moment I understood your question.’
- ‘Lilly is now regarded as the principal authority in horary astrology.’
- 1.1 Occurring every hour.
Early 17th century: from medieval Latin horarius, from Latin hora ‘hour’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.