One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The warm summer sun shone down on Abby as she cast her line into the bay, and settled into a gentle casting rhythm that drove fish wild to jump at her hookless fly.’
- ‘Otherwise all of us would be using hookless flies and not one angler in 10,000 does.’
- ‘She was sober, and had quite forgotten the fish that were still occasionally tugging at her hookless fly.’
- ‘Otherwise, his lumbering and largely hookless songs will leave few of those ladies begging for more.’
- ‘For there to be a dodgy track amongst these 32 would be as imaginable as Abba releasing a CD of hookless ditties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.