One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A one-handed shot in which a player extends one arm out to the side and over the head toward the basket.
- ‘He missed an easy hook shot and his team lost the game.’
- ‘And that was Erick Dampier on the other end during the same game, backing in for a hook shot and even looking graceful as he made the shot.’
- ‘He has started to use his lefthanded hook shot more often.’
- ‘The image of Magic Johnson rolling across the lane and launching a hook shot over Boston's big three is one of the most famous in basketball history.’
- ‘Just as in a hook shot in basketball, stiffening the wrist will control the ball and throwing softly helps as well.’
- ‘His hook shot is nice, but he needs a better countermove.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.