One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A one-handed shot in which a player extends one arm out to the side and over the head toward the basket.
- ‘He missed an easy hook shot and his team lost the game.’
- ‘The image of Magic Johnson rolling across the lane and launching a hook shot over Boston's big three is one of the most famous in basketball history.’
- ‘His hook shot is nice, but he needs a better countermove.’
- ‘And that was Erick Dampier on the other end during the same game, backing in for a hook shot and even looking graceful as he made the shot.’
- ‘He has started to use his lefthanded hook shot more often.’
- ‘Just as in a hook shot in basketball, stiffening the wrist will control the ball and throwing softly helps as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.