- another term for dripstone (sense 1)
- ‘Over the front door is a semi-circular fanlight surrounded by a projecting hood mould with decoration.’
- ‘There is a great variety of detail in such features as entrances, hood molds, cornices and porches.’
- ‘A weathered stone just above the centre of the hood mould has the carved remains of a figure with hands on hips.’
- ‘Its rather austere red brick facade is accented by limestone lintels and hood molds above the windows.’
- ‘Segmental arch hood moldings frame both the windows and the entrances of the house.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.