One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for honey mushroom
- ‘Unfortunately, not being a native species, they are very susceptible to fungal infections, notably honey fungus.’
- ‘Sadly the plant succumbed to an attack of honey fungus 18 months ago, and had to be removed.’
- ‘Alas the tree died, either poisoned by leaks from the gas main beneath it or from honey fungus.’
- ‘Because of the danger of honey fungus, I would not keep a dying shrub or tree, but if an old apple tree was collapsing but in reasonable health, I would give it a wooden, rustic support, then grow a rose over that.’
- ‘As I looked more closely, the ghastly realisation dawned on me - we had honey fungus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.