Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for allograft
- ‘The first twin transplant was done here in 1957, and the current homotransplant program was begun in 1962.’
- ‘There are widely known homotransplants for layer-by-layer keratoplasty in the form of fresh and preserved cornea.’
- ‘In Italy, Paride Stefanini performed the first homotransplant on April 30th, 1966 in Rome, from a living donor.’
- ‘Despite this expectation, almost all renal homotransplants had failed when, in the spring of 1963, Goodwin and Martin compiled the known renal transplants from various centers throughout the world.’
- ‘In the area of surgery, corneal transplants were the first successful homotransplants.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.