One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality or characteristic of being sexually attracted solely to people of one's own sex.
- ‘The eminent biologist played a crucial role in the fight to decriminalize homosexuality in Britain.’
- ‘He was very outspoken against homosexuality.’
- ‘He has never hidden his homosexuality during his 27-year TV news career.’
- ‘The scandal has shown up the worst aspects of the press in terms of its attitude toward homosexuality.’
- ‘The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde shows how society viewed and reacted to homosexuality back then.’
- ‘Persons facing attack, inhumane treatment, or serious discrimination because of their homosexuality, and whose governments are unable or unwilling to protect them, should be recognized as refugees.’
- ‘The gay icon declared her homosexuality in 1992.’
- ‘The brief debate leading up to the passing of the act was full of bigoted attacks against homosexuality.’
- ‘It is hard to imagine how difficult it was for the man to openly admit his homosexuality.’
- ‘He has always refused to talk about his personal life, even though his homosexuality was widely known in media and political circles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.