One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A suspension of cell fragments and cell constituents obtained when tissue is homogenized.
- ‘Therefore, we used Western analysis to determine the relative contents of these contractile proteins in whole lung homogenates.’
- ‘Analysis of metabolites in whole tissue homogenates is, therefore, of limited value as this provides only an average of the contribution made by many different types of cell.’
- ‘The spectra of the two homogenates of the same tissue type from the biopsy samples of each patient were averaged to obtain a single spectrum.’
- ‘The number of colonies of the three plates was added and this number was used to determine the ratio of each mutant to the wild-type control within the homogenate from each animal.’
- ‘Plasma membrane vesicles were purified from root homogenates using the sucrose gradient or two-phase partitioning procedure as previously described.’
- ‘Free amino compounds were extracted from tissue homogenates according to the procedure described by Shaul and Galili.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.