Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An amino acid that occurs in the body as an intermediate in the metabolism of methionine and cysteine.
- ‘It also lowers the levels of amino acid homocysteine which, when found in high levels in the bloodstream, is linked to an increased risk of heart disease.’
- ‘Metabolism of homocysteine requires an adequate supply of folic acid.’
- ‘Levels of homocysteine, the amino acid linked to heart disease, are also higher in smokers.’
- ‘In some individuals, plasma levels of the amino acid homocysteine are abnormally high.’
- ‘Studies suggest that raised levels of the amino acid homocysteine are associated with reduced brain performance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.