One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Furniture, utensils, and decorative objects for domestic use.‘both shops will sell a range of homeware as well as clothing’
- ‘We specifically selected it for the exposure to the vast numbers of visitors to both the shopping complex and the large homeware and DIY stores in the retail park.’
- ‘It opened two stand-alone homeware stores earlier this year.’
- ‘All you need to do is donate your unwanted clothes, books, and homeware to stores across the country.’
- ‘Homeware and fashion departments already use paper bags.’
- ‘The no-frills, minimalist homeware brand has long enjoyed cult status both at home and abroad.’
- ‘Inside the shops, the change will mean a switch back of emphasis to "classically stylish" clothes and more space devoted to the retailer's popular homeware.’
- ‘Often Chinese homeware is printed with characters with special meaning.’
- ‘Barry said one of the most popular gifts this year would be homeware and wine.’
- ‘The retail park is due to open next year, with a giant homeware store as the anchor tenant.’
- ‘Retailers were forced to slash prices of summer clothing, with furniture and homeware sales also noticeably down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.