One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Furniture, utensils, and decorative objects for domestic use.‘both shops will sell a range of homeware as well as clothing’
- ‘Homeware and fashion departments already use paper bags.’
- ‘Barry said one of the most popular gifts this year would be homeware and wine.’
- ‘It opened two stand-alone homeware stores earlier this year.’
- ‘All you need to do is donate your unwanted clothes, books, and homeware to stores across the country.’
- ‘Retailers were forced to slash prices of summer clothing, with furniture and homeware sales also noticeably down.’
- ‘Inside the shops, the change will mean a switch back of emphasis to "classically stylish" clothes and more space devoted to the retailer's popular homeware.’
- ‘The retail park is due to open next year, with a giant homeware store as the anchor tenant.’
- ‘We specifically selected it for the exposure to the vast numbers of visitors to both the shopping complex and the large homeware and DIY stores in the retail park.’
- ‘Often Chinese homeware is printed with characters with special meaning.’
- ‘The no-frills, minimalist homeware brand has long enjoyed cult status both at home and abroad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.