One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A classroom in which a group of students assembles daily with the same teacher before dispersing to other classes.
- ‘Unfortunately for me, he's in my homeroom and some of my classes as well.’
- ‘Mrs Watson gets to her feet and walks us back to our homeroom, which is empty because everyone has gone to class.’
- ‘The bell rang and the children shuffled from their homerooms to their elective classes, which were either art or music classes.’
- ‘‘She'll be fun to deal with,’ she muttered to herself as the warning bell rang, announcing to students that they should begin to head to their homerooms.’
- ‘I was lucky enough to have Mandy in my homeroom, that way I had every single class with her.’
- ‘Luckily for Julia, as she entered her homeroom, her tutor was nowhere to be found.’
- ‘Lily and I were in different homerooms because we were in different grades, so I said goodbye to her after comparing our schedules on the staircase and went down to my homeroom.’
- ‘Students are assigned to homerooms and move from class to class.’
- ‘You may all go to your respective homerooms where your teachers will be waiting for you.’
- ‘After chapel, the students went to their respective homerooms.’
- ‘Though we were in the same homeroom, also some same classes, we never waited for each other.’
- ‘She already knew her friend Andy was in her classes, and he was in her homeroom, too.’
- ‘All the students were rushing from their lockers and other classrooms to their homeroom.’
- ‘At that moment, the first bell rang and there was a flurry of movement out in the hall as the students gathered their stuff and made for their homerooms.’
- ‘I followed her through a vast foyer and into a den the size of my entire homeroom.’
- ‘The good thing about being a junior was that my homeroom was on the second floor.’
- ‘I found the list of 11th grade homerooms and looked for my name.’
- ‘The bell rang and they scurried to their homerooms.’
- ‘We parted ways as we got to school as he headed for his homeroom and I to the usual morning meeting spot.’
- ‘At least by the first morning I'd figured out how to get from my homeroom to the library via one of my classrooms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.