One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A series of consecutive games played at a team's home stadium, field, or court.
- ‘In Friday's game, during his last at-bat of the first game of the home stand against the A's, it started.’
- ‘The Warriors continue their home stand this weekend when they host the Western Mustangs.’
- ‘Atlanta completed a disastrous home stand by losing four out of five to the Lookouts and splitting a four-game series with Knoxville.’
- ‘Snow did tie a season-high with 19 points in helping the Sixers beat Michael Jordan and the Wizards in the nation's capital after looking horrendous in a six-game home stand.’
- ‘This game is the second in a two-game home stand for SFU.’
- ‘Losing 3-1 was certainly not the start to a four-game home stand that the Warriors wanted.’
- ‘The Big Cats opened their three-game home stand against the Elephants in Tainan last Thursday with an impressive 5-0 shutout win, thanks to a brilliant performance by American veteran pitcher Don Lemon.’
- ‘The Lions will open a three-game home stand in Tainan against the Chinatrust Whales, where Lions closer Michael Garcia is set to reach the 20-save plateau.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.