One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fair hit that allows the batter to make a complete circuit of the bases without stopping and score a run.
- ‘Bonds is the only player in major league to have hit 500 home runs and stolen 500 bases.’
- ‘Larry had hit a home run in that World Series game and Gromek had been the winning pitcher.’
- ‘There have been just ten other center fielders who have hit 40 home runs in a single season.’
- ‘Could you list the top three or four players who have hit the most home runs and stolen the most bases in the same season?’
- ‘It was quite a comedown for a former super star with 446 career major league home runs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.