One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area over which an animal or group of animals regularly travels in search of food or mates, and which may overlap with those of neighboring animals or groups of the same species.
- ‘Males often have overlapping home ranges and compete for access to estrous females; both males and females are generally solitary.’
- ‘Males often breed with several females, probably those whose home ranges overlap with their own.’
- ‘I knew that leopards were present in small numbers and using very large, overlapping home ranges.’
- ‘African wild dogs in the Serengeti have large overlapping home ranges, with males recruited into the pack and females dispersing as juveniles.’
- ‘They are solitary animals with relatively small home ranges.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.