One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The five-sided flat white rubber base next to which the batter stands and over which the pitcher must throw the ball for a strike. A runner must touch home plate after having reached all the other bases to score a run.
- ‘Karey handed Zach the bat and the three returned to the home plate and batter's area.’
- ‘He stood admiring it at home plate for a long moment before raising his fist in the air and rounding the bases triumphantly.’
- ‘After touching home plate, the batter walks off the field as the hero of the winning team.’
- ‘Runs are scored when a batter reaches the home plate after running round all three bases, be it one-by-one or alternatively in one fell swoop after one hit.’
- ‘We'd stand at home plate facing the backstop, and he'd give us five pitches per turn.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.