Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A loan advanced to a person to assist in buying a house or condominium.
- ‘Change comes to all neighborhoods, even those once written off by the federal government as being unworthy of home loans.’
- ‘Interest rates on home loans are still low by historic standards, making second homes more affordable for many families.’
- ‘Americans rushed to get home loans before rates increased even more.’
- ‘When you apply for a home loan, lenders will scrutinize your credit history.’
- ‘Last year, a dramatic increase in the number of negative-equity home loans saw more flats taken back by banks.’
- ‘For example, some lenders allow consumers to obtain home loans or refinance mortgages on the basis of assets rather than credit rating.’
- ‘By shopping around, you could pay far less interest on your home loan and earn much more interest on your savings.’
- ‘The majority of homeowners are content to pay back their home loans over the typical 25-year life of a mortgage.’
- ‘That's because most of these home loans are on variable rates, which means that repayments increase when, or shortly after, the base rate rises.’
- ‘They suggest that the number of problem home loans is very low.’
- ‘As expected, commercial banks in Namibia have announced upward adjustments in their prime lending rates and home loans rates.’
- ‘Check out the great home loans in our Mortgage centre.’
- ‘If you can move your mortgage without severe penalties, get looking for a better home loan today and claim your share of our wasted billions!’
- ‘Meanwhile, mortgage lenders are set for an unprecedented era of competition that will drive down the cost of home loans further.’
- ‘The best way to compare home loans is to add up all the costs - one-off and ongoing - over a defined period, such as three years.’
- ‘If you can switch your home loan without paying a hefty penalty, demand a better deal from your lender.’
- ‘If you have a home loan, refinance your mortgage to lower your payments.’
- ‘Whenever you're free to move your home loan without paying excessive penalties, shop around for a better rate.’
- ‘Those programs may offer lower costs than conventional home loans, Chany says.’
- ‘During the Eighties and early Nineties, millions of homebuyers were encouraged to buy endowment policies along with their home loans.’
home loan/ˈhōm ˌlōn/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.