Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A loan advanced to a person to assist in buying a house or condominium.
- ‘Those programs may offer lower costs than conventional home loans, Chany says.’
- ‘By shopping around, you could pay far less interest on your home loan and earn much more interest on your savings.’
- ‘For example, some lenders allow consumers to obtain home loans or refinance mortgages on the basis of assets rather than credit rating.’
- ‘That's because most of these home loans are on variable rates, which means that repayments increase when, or shortly after, the base rate rises.’
- ‘Last year, a dramatic increase in the number of negative-equity home loans saw more flats taken back by banks.’
- ‘If you have a home loan, refinance your mortgage to lower your payments.’
- ‘During the Eighties and early Nineties, millions of homebuyers were encouraged to buy endowment policies along with their home loans.’
- ‘Check out the great home loans in our Mortgage centre.’
- ‘If you can move your mortgage without severe penalties, get looking for a better home loan today and claim your share of our wasted billions!’
- ‘Change comes to all neighborhoods, even those once written off by the federal government as being unworthy of home loans.’
- ‘They suggest that the number of problem home loans is very low.’
- ‘The best way to compare home loans is to add up all the costs - one-off and ongoing - over a defined period, such as three years.’
- ‘When you apply for a home loan, lenders will scrutinize your credit history.’
- ‘Americans rushed to get home loans before rates increased even more.’
- ‘Whenever you're free to move your home loan without paying excessive penalties, shop around for a better rate.’
- ‘If you can switch your home loan without paying a hefty penalty, demand a better deal from your lender.’
- ‘Meanwhile, mortgage lenders are set for an unprecedented era of competition that will drive down the cost of home loans further.’
- ‘Interest rates on home loans are still low by historic standards, making second homes more affordable for many families.’
- ‘As expected, commercial banks in Namibia have announced upward adjustments in their prime lending rates and home loans rates.’
- ‘The majority of homeowners are content to pay back their home loans over the typical 25-year life of a mortgage.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.