One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The civilian population and activities of a nation whose armed forces are engaged in war abroad.
- ‘The image captures a personal moment, one that links the soldier with the home front and the wife he left behind.’
- ‘The main theme is "the relationship between the battle front and the home fronts among the Western Front powers".’
- ‘Getting the news quickly back to the home front has always been a problem.’
- ‘The soldiers fight to protect the home front and to protect future terror.’
- ‘It's up to her to protect the home front and keep house and family together during the dark times ahead.’
- ‘Even as I said these words, I realized that, our inevitable victory would not be without cost: cost on both the military and home fronts.’
- ‘There is no better way to connect the front lines to the home front than to provide that prepaid calling card.’
- ‘During the dark days of World War Two he kept the home front happy with memorable radio plays.’
- ‘Many critics believed that the living memorial would carry the communal spirit of the home front into peacetime.’
- ‘Since employment responsibilities were unlikely to ease, administrators turned their attention to the home front.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.