One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large hardware store selling tools, building materials, and other household items.‘tile cutters can be rented at home centers and hardware stores’
- ‘Aside from play items and siding purchased from a home center, he built the playhouse with materials salvaged from an old restaurant.’
- ‘All of these fixtures should be available from local lighting stores, electrical supply retailers, or home centres.’
- ‘It needn't cost more than that last load of stuff you took out of the van when you stopped at the home center to see if anything new had come in.’
- ‘Cupolas can be special-ordered from home centers, or you can check some out on the Web.’
- ‘One problem with home centres is inadequate quality control with installation.’
- ‘Look for snap-together glass frames from art-supply stores, and buy wood veneer sheets at a lumberyard or home center.’
- ‘They can be rented reasonably from your local home centre.’
- ‘For a queen-size headboard, head to the home centre for a basic French door.’
- ‘Wood buttons (available in the dowel section of home centres) make snappy covers for screw holes.’
- ‘Instead of making him search through the hundreds of paint cards at the home center, show him three or four different blue paint chips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.