One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large hardware store selling tools, building materials, and other household items.‘tile cutters can be rented at home centers and hardware stores’
- ‘It needn't cost more than that last load of stuff you took out of the van when you stopped at the home center to see if anything new had come in.’
- ‘Wood buttons (available in the dowel section of home centres) make snappy covers for screw holes.’
- ‘Look for snap-together glass frames from art-supply stores, and buy wood veneer sheets at a lumberyard or home center.’
- ‘One problem with home centres is inadequate quality control with installation.’
- ‘They can be rented reasonably from your local home centre.’
- ‘For a queen-size headboard, head to the home centre for a basic French door.’
- ‘All of these fixtures should be available from local lighting stores, electrical supply retailers, or home centres.’
- ‘Cupolas can be special-ordered from home centers, or you can check some out on the Web.’
- ‘Instead of making him search through the hundreds of paint cards at the home center, show him three or four different blue paint chips.’
- ‘Aside from play items and siding purchased from a home center, he built the playhouse with materials salvaged from an old restaurant.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.