One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of banking whereby transactions are performed directly by telephone or via a computer and modem.
- ‘The search for new interfaces also leads to new delivery channels like kiosking and home banking, which provide similarly attractive opportunities for customers.’
- ‘The hackers also attempted to break into their home banking services but were thwarted.’
- ‘The growing popularity of internet and home banking has finally forced UK banks to speed up the time it takes to transfer funds between accounts.’
- ‘Besides home banking through Internet and telephone banking, the banks use a variety of channels to connect the client with its sales force and its operations.’
- ‘Next year should see it extend its interactive digital services into home banking and shopping.’
home banking/ˌhōm ˈbaNGkiNG/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.