Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A system of banking whereby transactions are performed directly by telephone or via a computer and modem.
- ‘Besides home banking through Internet and telephone banking, the banks use a variety of channels to connect the client with its sales force and its operations.’
- ‘The growing popularity of internet and home banking has finally forced UK banks to speed up the time it takes to transfer funds between accounts.’
- ‘Next year should see it extend its interactive digital services into home banking and shopping.’
- ‘The hackers also attempted to break into their home banking services but were thwarted.’
- ‘The search for new interfaces also leads to new delivery channels like kiosking and home banking, which provide similarly attractive opportunities for customers.’
home banking/ˌhōm ˈbaNGkiNG/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.