One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The week before Easter, starting on Palm Sunday.
- ‘The parish priest Fr Robinson thanked all who attended the Holy Week and Easter ceremonies.’
- ‘Christians in many traditions speak of Thursday in Holy Week as Maundy Thursday.’
- ‘Over the Easter period and Holy Week it was obvious that more people than ever attended the ceremonies.’
- ‘The experience of the preparation for Easter during Lent and Holy Week only serves to heighten the experience of Easter Day itself.’
- ‘During Holy Week there are processions through the streets carrying portrayals of the passion of Jesus.’
- ‘Starting with Palm Sunday, Holy Week is the seven days leading up to Easter, the central holiday in Christianity.’
- ‘They all can be used to teach about Holy Week and Easter.’
- ‘Holidays such as Christmas, Holy Week before Easter, and Carnival before Lent are occasions for special food.’
- ‘The evening is open to all who wish to reflect and prepare for Holy Week and Easter through reflection, Eucharist and Reconciliation.’
- ‘The unveiling of the statue of Jesus is part of the practices of piety leading up to the Holy Week which culminates in the recollection of the passion and death of Jesus and the celebrations of Easter.’
- ‘During Holy Week we were tightly focused on one person and one mission, Jesus and the cross.’
- ‘Penitents were solemnly restored in Holy Week, in the presence of the assembled faithful, in preparation for Easter communion.’
- ‘I hope you had a blessed Holy Week and a joyous Easter.’
- ‘Lent and Holy Week are times to reflect upon the meaning of Jesus' suffering and death and to turn anew toward God.’
- ‘We thought of that comment during Holy Week this year when we reread two passages in the Gospel of John.’
- ‘This time of year the main Catholic and Protestant Churches in Ireland and throughout the world refer to this time as Holy Week or Easter.’
- ‘The ceremonies associated with Holy Week began on Palm Sunday with the blessing and distribution of palms.’
- ‘At this time of year, during Holy Week and Easter, thoughts turn to the matter of suffering and death.’
- ‘During Holy Week these people showed their great respect for their religion by assisting at all the ceremonies’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.