One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A single type specimen upon which the description and name of a new species is based.Compare with syntype
- ‘Additional character state information was also incorporated from descriptions of holotypes and additional fossil material.’
- ‘The holotype of this species might be a juvenile as there are larger specimens in our collection.’
- ‘Other skull elements are similar to those described in the holotype.’
- ‘The holotype and largest fragment of the new species is 59 mm high.’
- ‘To our knowledge, the holotype is the only other documented specimen in the species.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.