One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bed consisting of a mattress on a box spring supported on short legs, often with an upholstered headboard.
- ‘My fine motor skills must not have been that great yet because most of the perfume ended up on one of the two Hollywood beds in the room I shared with my sister.’
- ‘It features exposed beams with two twin Hollywood beds both with European down feather mattress, triple 600 count sheets and white down comforters and pillows.’
- ‘On sofa beds, studio couches, Hollywood beds, or hi-risers, carefully tuck the sheets and blankets in so that they do not get caught in the mechanism when the unit is folded in; or, so that they will make a nice appearance when the coverlet is placed in position.’
- ‘They sleep on sofa beds and futons, Murphy beds and Hollywood beds.’
- ‘A '50s postcard touted the showers, hot-water heat and Hollywood beds.’
- ‘Conversion of Hollywood beds to double, queen, or king size beds is made more easy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.