A bed consisting of a mattress on a box spring supported on short legs, often with an upholstered headboard.
- ‘On sofa beds, studio couches, Hollywood beds, or hi-risers, carefully tuck the sheets and blankets in so that they do not get caught in the mechanism when the unit is folded in; or, so that they will make a nice appearance when the coverlet is placed in position.’
- ‘A '50s postcard touted the showers, hot-water heat and Hollywood beds.’
- ‘They sleep on sofa beds and futons, Murphy beds and Hollywood beds.’
- ‘Conversion of Hollywood beds to double, queen, or king size beds is made more easy.’
- ‘It features exposed beams with two twin Hollywood beds both with European down feather mattress, triple 600 count sheets and white down comforters and pillows.’
- ‘My fine motor skills must not have been that great yet because most of the perfume ended up on one of the two Hollywood beds in the room I shared with my sister.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.