One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A district in Los Angeles, the principal center of the US movie industry.
- 1.1 The US movie industry and the lifestyles of the people associated with it.‘he was never seduced by the glitz and money of Hollywood’
- ‘I had a Hollywood agent, and had all sorts of invitations, and everybody talked to me.’
- ‘The measure of success of any Hollywood film is its opening weekend.’
- ‘His colourful and controversial lifestyle made him sound like a character in a Hollywood film.’
- ‘He was popular with the ladies and had a Hollywood smile.’
- ‘Now, more than a decade later, Edwards is set for a return to the public eye as his life story is turned into a Hollywood movie.’
- ‘At this point, he found a Hollywood agent and began concentrating on his film career.’
- ‘Between them they portray a host of colourful characters in a small Irish village all wanting to be extras in a Hollywood film.’
- ‘But there is something romantic about it all, as if maybe life could be like a Hollywood musical after all.’
- ‘He has aimed for the top since his early days, when he set his sights on being a Hollywood big shot.’
- ‘He has got her an appointment with a Hollywood producer who wants to have an Indian actress in his film.’
- ‘The cinema club was set up in September to provide a monthly showing of a Hollywood blockbuster.’
- ‘Certainly, Scott has shied away from making it a Hollywood movie in which the good guys win and the bad guys lose.’
- ‘The audience was certainly treated to a fantastic evening that looked and even felt like a Hollywood production.’
- ‘Her novel was a worldwide hit and was made into a Hollywood film.’
- ‘He has had a crack at cinema as well, grabbing a role in a Hollywood production dubbed Jungle Boy.’
- ‘Some of the violence in the film is as brutal as you'll find in any Hollywood crime thriller.’
- 1.1 The US movie industry and the lifestyles of the people associated with it.
2A resort city in southeastern Florida, north of Miami, on the Atlantic Ocean; population 141,740 (est. 2008)
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.