One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An atom in which inner-shell electrons are missing, usually as a result of electrical excitation.
- ‘A so called hollow atom is created with empty inner shells inside a quasi neutral atom.’
- ‘Hence, in a fist step, we plan to study the emission of slow electrons by the deexciting hollow atoms formed at the surface.’
- ‘The figure shows the creation of highly excited hollow atoms by multiple electron capture.’
- ‘Already, these hollow atoms are bringing glimpses of the quantum world at work.’
- ‘These results revive the question regarding the dynamics of the hollow atom in the first steps of the interaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.