Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An atom in which inner-shell electrons are missing, usually as a result of electrical excitation.
- ‘Already, these hollow atoms are bringing glimpses of the quantum world at work.’
- ‘These results revive the question regarding the dynamics of the hollow atom in the first steps of the interaction.’
- ‘The figure shows the creation of highly excited hollow atoms by multiple electron capture.’
- ‘A so called hollow atom is created with empty inner shells inside a quasi neutral atom.’
- ‘Hence, in a fist step, we plan to study the emission of slow electrons by the deexciting hollow atoms formed at the surface.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.