One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device or tool for punching holes in paper or other thin materials.
- ‘Right now my hole punch is propping the window open.’
- ‘A paper cutter, stapler and hole punch is also available.’
- ‘Others made bubbles with hole punches, and once this process began, the possibilities became endless for new ideas with a hole punch.’
- ‘Use a large hole punch to cut circles from a different color of card stock; glue them to the card.’
- ‘A small hole punch (like your paperboy uses) is good for notching the walkway to clear the steam pipe.’
- ‘To make the hole for the tassel, use a hole-punch.’
- ‘He gives me a grin and I want to pick up the three hole punch and bash his face in.’
- ‘Use a three hole punch to fit those pages in the beginning of your book.’
- ‘Thanks to their material simplicity, they seem more closely related to workplace antiquities like the stapler and the hole-punch than integrated chips.’
- ‘I nod, and he takes an orange, a remote control and a hole-punch from the desk in the corner of the room.’
- ‘It was clear from my purchases that I am a global traveller, the hole punch not the worldwide travel adaptor.’
- ‘In the end, Emily got some scrapbooking hole punches where Rebecca walked away empty handed.’
- ‘Punch three holes in the bottom of the tile with a 1/16-inch hole punch.’
- ‘I walk up to the counter, about to procure my worldwide travel adaptor, and medium-duty hole punch.’
- ‘I have my stapler fully locked and loaded and strapped to my ankle I have the hole punch for emergencies.’
- ‘The holes for the raised circular crane posts can be cut with a standard hole punch.’
- ‘She's not the sharpest tool in the box - I even had to show her how to use a hole punch properly.’
- ‘Use those bits of leftover wrapping paper and a hole punch to make confetti.’
- ‘Here, stiff strips of paper have been tinted a dull green or brown by a chlorophyll wash and perforated with a hole punch.’
- ‘It will scan up to 25 A4 pages at 600 dpi and finishing options include booklet, staple and hole punch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.