One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device or tool for punching holes in paper or other thin materials.
- ‘He gives me a grin and I want to pick up the three hole punch and bash his face in.’
- ‘It was clear from my purchases that I am a global traveller, the hole punch not the worldwide travel adaptor.’
- ‘Use those bits of leftover wrapping paper and a hole punch to make confetti.’
- ‘Right now my hole punch is propping the window open.’
- ‘A small hole punch (like your paperboy uses) is good for notching the walkway to clear the steam pipe.’
- ‘In the end, Emily got some scrapbooking hole punches where Rebecca walked away empty handed.’
- ‘Here, stiff strips of paper have been tinted a dull green or brown by a chlorophyll wash and perforated with a hole punch.’
- ‘The holes for the raised circular crane posts can be cut with a standard hole punch.’
- ‘Punch three holes in the bottom of the tile with a 1/16-inch hole punch.’
- ‘I walk up to the counter, about to procure my worldwide travel adaptor, and medium-duty hole punch.’
- ‘I have my stapler fully locked and loaded and strapped to my ankle I have the hole punch for emergencies.’
- ‘Others made bubbles with hole punches, and once this process began, the possibilities became endless for new ideas with a hole punch.’
- ‘She's not the sharpest tool in the box - I even had to show her how to use a hole punch properly.’
- ‘A paper cutter, stapler and hole punch is also available.’
- ‘Use a three hole punch to fit those pages in the beginning of your book.’
- ‘Thanks to their material simplicity, they seem more closely related to workplace antiquities like the stapler and the hole-punch than integrated chips.’
- ‘Use a large hole punch to cut circles from a different color of card stock; glue them to the card.’
- ‘I nod, and he takes an orange, a remote control and a hole-punch from the desk in the corner of the room.’
- ‘To make the hole for the tassel, use a hole-punch.’
- ‘It will scan up to 25 A4 pages at 600 dpi and finishing options include booklet, staple and hole punch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.