Send the ball into a hole.
- ‘He holed out from the 14th fairway on Sunday for an eagle that gave him a share of the lead.’
- ‘Tiger Woods holes out for a birdie and is now two clear of the field.’
- ‘As he waited to hole out on the 72nd green at Oakland Hills in 1937, Guldahl removed a comb from his pocket and coolly groomed his hair.’
- ‘He missed a short putt on the fifth, and after holing out he dropped the ball on the green and in his frustration made a practice putt.’
- ‘To me, there is nothing more vital to scoring well than holing out from inside six feet or so.’