One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A congenital defect in the heart septum, resulting in inadequate circulation of oxygenated blood (a cause of blue baby syndrome)
- ‘He was only about 11 months old when it was discovered that he had severe coronary problems, including a hole in the heart.’
- ‘The first problem is that there's a hole in the heart between the right and left chamber.’
- ‘The boy's mother said he had been treated for a hole in the heart and a leaky heart valve.’
- ‘They diagnosed her with Ventricular Septal Defect - a hole in the heart's wall - a type of heart malfunction present at birth.’
- ‘In 1960 only one in five babies born with a complex heart defect, such as a hole in the heart, survived beyond childhood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.