One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not support or argue in favor of.‘I hold no brief for the president’
- ‘I definitely hold no brief for the Board and can never support its stand on these matters.’
- ‘I hold no brief for him as an individual or for his policies.’
- ‘This newspaper holds no brief for the Chief Justice.’
- ‘One who holds no brief for this view in the first place will not be convinced by the present argument.’
- ‘I hold no brief for the organization, and the vast majority of Americans don't either.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.