One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not support or argue in favor of.‘I hold no brief for the president’
- ‘I hold no brief for him as an individual or for his policies.’
- ‘I hold no brief for the organization, and the vast majority of Americans don't either.’
- ‘This newspaper holds no brief for the Chief Justice.’
- ‘One who holds no brief for this view in the first place will not be convinced by the present argument.’
- ‘I definitely hold no brief for the Board and can never support its stand on these matters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.