A long hill or mountain ridge with steep sides.
high ground, rising ground, prominence, eminence, elevation, rise, hillock, mound, mount, knoll, hummock, tor, tump, fell, pike, mesaView synonyms
- ‘He lives below the ridge and currently has an undisturbed view of the hogback and the valley beyond.’
- ‘In addition, he discovered the first Stegosaurus and Apatosaurus skeletons in the hogback ridge to the southwest of the Table Mountains.’
- ‘The resulting hogbacks, composed of Mesozoic sediments, can readily be seen dipping away from the mountains by those approaching the beautiful isolated peaks.’
- ‘It wasn't that far of a drive, about ten minutes or so to the other side of the hogback and then five minutes to get to the place.’
- ‘I reached the summit of the hog's back mountain without difficulty, and rested at the cross on its peak.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.