One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mother who devotes a great deal of time and effort to supporting her children's participation in ice hockey.
- ‘The cheerleader hockey mom charm hides an idealogically well put together zealot with a reformist drive.’
- ‘The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 37 % hold an unfavorable view of the self-described hockey mom.’
- ‘As a hockey mom, it was also interesting to meet several players from the Vancouver Giant's hockey club.’
- ‘A Wal-Mart mom makes less than $60,000, a hockey mom is a more affluent suburban woman.’
- ‘She started off by saying, look, I'm a mom, a family person, I'm a hockey mom.’
- ‘The "hockey mom" stuff is a distraction.’
- ‘In her opening remarks, she described herself as a hockey mom with small-town roots.’
- ‘And if the doctors from Brockton Hospital taught this hockey mom anything, it was to stay calm.’
- ‘I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids public education better.’
- ‘I love those hockey moms, you know what they say the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?’
- ‘Thanks, hockey moms, for taking out time to come with us, spending time away from your families.’
- ‘All right, now you've met the hockey moms.’
- ‘She's an avid hunter, hockey mom, marathon runner and a former pageant queen.’
- ‘The woman who calls herself the average hockey mom from Alaska gets an immersion in national affairs tomorrow.’
- ‘We used to call them soccer moms, maybe now they're called hockey moms.’
- ‘Well, she's suddenly the most famous hockey mom in America.’
- ‘Americans were supposed to identify with a hockey mom who was just like them.’
- ‘I sat around with a whole bunch of hockey moms.’
- ‘The 44-year-old, self-described "hockey mom" still awaits formal nomination for the second spot on the ticket.’
- ‘Another big constituency, they say, are what they are now calling hockey moms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.