One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mother who devotes a great deal of time and effort to supporting her children's participation in ice hockey.
- ‘A Wal-Mart mom makes less than $60,000, a hockey mom is a more affluent suburban woman.’
- ‘She's an avid hunter, hockey mom, marathon runner and a former pageant queen.’
- ‘We used to call them soccer moms, maybe now they're called hockey moms.’
- ‘The 44-year-old, self-described "hockey mom" still awaits formal nomination for the second spot on the ticket.’
- ‘Well, she's suddenly the most famous hockey mom in America.’
- ‘Americans were supposed to identify with a hockey mom who was just like them.’
- ‘I love those hockey moms, you know what they say the difference between a hockey mom and a pit bull?’
- ‘Thanks, hockey moms, for taking out time to come with us, spending time away from your families.’
- ‘All right, now you've met the hockey moms.’
- ‘Another big constituency, they say, are what they are now calling hockey moms.’
- ‘And if the doctors from Brockton Hospital taught this hockey mom anything, it was to stay calm.’
- ‘She started off by saying, look, I'm a mom, a family person, I'm a hockey mom.’
- ‘In her opening remarks, she described herself as a hockey mom with small-town roots.’
- ‘The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 37 % hold an unfavorable view of the self-described hockey mom.’
- ‘I was just your average hockey mom, and signed up for the PTA because I wanted to make my kids public education better.’
- ‘The cheerleader hockey mom charm hides an idealogically well put together zealot with a reformist drive.’
- ‘The woman who calls herself the average hockey mom from Alaska gets an immersion in national affairs tomorrow.’
- ‘The "hockey mom" stuff is a distraction.’
- ‘I sat around with a whole bunch of hockey moms.’
- ‘As a hockey mom, it was also interesting to meet several players from the Vancouver Giant's hockey club.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.