One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's large shoulder bag with a soft or flexible body that forms a characteristic curve between the two ends of the strap.
- ‘Most hobo bags are not expensive.’
- ‘She is also wearing a spring trenchcoat, and carrying a classy hobo bag.’
- ‘A mix of luxurious leather and grommet detailing makes this hobo bag ($270) a polished yet edgy interpretation that will take you into the holiday season and beyond.’
- ‘Hobo bags and totes also come with beautiful prints on them; totes that feature celebrities are particularly popular, just now.’
- ‘One carries a Louis Vuitton hobo bag, the other has dyed burnt red hair.’
- ‘You can get totes and hobo bags in just about any color.’
- ‘She keeps a giant spreadsheet of the most-popular search entries on her computer and regularly adjusts the site's proprietary thesaurus so that people looking for "hobo bags" will see purses, not bandanas on a stick.’
- ‘I have that very record right here in my leather hobo bag.’
- ‘I'm not really into hobo bags but if you are planning to buy one this season, then this one is affordable and doesn't look cheap.’
- ‘While oversize tote bags may work for every woman, the oversize slouchy hobo bag, unless you're tall and skinny, can make you look stocky.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.