One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A woman's large shoulder bag with a soft or flexible body that forms a characteristic curve between the two ends of the strap.
- ‘She is also wearing a spring trenchcoat, and carrying a classy hobo bag.’
- ‘You can get totes and hobo bags in just about any color.’
- ‘A mix of luxurious leather and grommet detailing makes this hobo bag ($270) a polished yet edgy interpretation that will take you into the holiday season and beyond.’
- ‘While oversize tote bags may work for every woman, the oversize slouchy hobo bag, unless you're tall and skinny, can make you look stocky.’
- ‘Hobo bags and totes also come with beautiful prints on them; totes that feature celebrities are particularly popular, just now.’
- ‘One carries a Louis Vuitton hobo bag, the other has dyed burnt red hair.’
- ‘I'm not really into hobo bags but if you are planning to buy one this season, then this one is affordable and doesn't look cheap.’
- ‘Most hobo bags are not expensive.’
- ‘She keeps a giant spreadsheet of the most-popular search entries on her computer and regularly adjusts the site's proprietary thesaurus so that people looking for "hobo bags" will see purses, not bandanas on a stick.’
- ‘I have that very record right here in my leather hobo bag.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.