One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American viburnum which bears clusters of white or pink flowers and purple-black berries.
- ‘On previous days there were tall hobblebushes on the trail.’
- ‘This is a photo of the hobblebush just as the outer flowers are beginning to open.’
- ‘Understory vegetation is dominated by hobblebush, striped maple, mountain maple, brambles (Rubus spp.), and seedlings and saplings of the dominant tree species.’
- ‘Slightly up slope, hobblebushes, transplanted last spring from a nearby forest, are relaxing after a summer of settling into their new homes.’
- ‘Shady conditions allow for less variety, but try a mix of red-berried elder, hobblebush, cedar, and choke cherry.’
- ‘Moose and deer feed upon hobblebush, but the plants that they have browsed become stunted and develop atypical leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.