One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having had a positive result in a blood test for the AIDS virus HIV.
- ‘At current prices, one year of triple drug therapy for an HIV-positive person costs $15,000.’
- ‘The efficacy of INH in preventing TB in HIV-positive people has been proven.’
- ‘Nearly one third of people who tested HIV-positive at the city clinic used the drug in the previous six months.’
- ‘She was fired when results showed she was HIV-positive and that she carried the Hepatitis B virus.’
- ‘The same applies if you want to learn more about working with particular HIV-positive populations.’
- ‘Misinformation and fear also cause some families to reject children who are HIV-positive or who are perceived to be.’
- ‘The father, who was surprised to learn of his HIV-positive status, left Maria a few months later.’
- ‘When the girl took a blood test it proved HIV-positive.’
- ‘The recommendations should be read by all physicians who provide care to HIV-positive patients.’
- ‘The BBC says that HIV-positive kids in New York are being given toxic drugs in the name of research.’
- ‘The sensitivity of the direct sputum smear examination is reduced in HIV-positive patients.’
- ‘Our results suggest that there are many HIV-positive individuals who are not aware that they have the virus.’
- ‘The centre is a clinic specifically for HIV-positive people and manned by four volunteer doctors during weekends.’
- ‘Patients were considered to be HIV-positive only if both tests gave a positive result.’
- ‘Studies are needed to evaluate the potential benefit of this vaccine in Indian HIV-positive patients.’
- ‘The most common extrapulmonary site in HIV-positive individuals is the lymph node.’
- ‘Gazi said Abba also intended to offer triple therapy to HIV-positive mothers soon.’
- ‘In HIV-positive individuals, the interpretation of serologies is often complicated.’
- ‘These conditions occur with greater frequency and severity in HIV-positive patients.’
- ‘The secondary analysis was done to help understand the experience of being a nurse who is HIV-positive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.