One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is paid to kill someone, especially for a criminal or political organization.
- ‘Each chapter deals with a particular aspect of crime, such as highwaymen or hit men, drugs, prisons, and so forth.’
- ‘I'll snap his neck if you don't tell me why you are trying to kill us by sending hit men after us.’
- ‘The police believe Gilbank was killed by a professional hit man.’
- ‘I planned on hiring a hit man to kill Maki after I receive my payment.’
- ‘Then he falsified an email, from an anonymous person, informing him that hit men killed his family.’
- ‘When Giba and Ivan have their business partner murdered, the hit man proves far more difficult to remove from their lives.’
- ‘A short time later Hooks is murdered by a Triad hit man.’
- ‘Anybody that lives in this cold city can tell you that ‘gang-land’ means mafia; Italian mob, hit men, wise guys, and Marlin Brando.’
- ‘How I wished for that million from Shorty in order to hire a hit man to kill the annoying guy who said that.’
- ‘The indictment alleges that Blake attempted to hire several hit men to kill his wife, Bonny Bakley, and when that failed, killed her himself.’
- ‘The reputed leader of the Russian drug trade, a man named Kostanon, was murdered by a Russian hit man on Soi 2.’
- ‘But her world turned upside down when she discovered her husband's mistress had hired a hit man to kill her.’
- ‘You don't absolve yourself of murder by hiring a hit man.’
- ‘There are hit men, murderers, philanderers, thieves, betrayers, and other assorted riff-raff.’
- ‘Why did Justice help defend a hit man in California who killed a man while in the witness protection program?’
- ‘One's alleged to have hired down a police informer as a hit man, and they give him bail.’
- ‘Rippner reveals himself as a hit man assigned to kill the Head of Homeland Security in his hotel suite.’
- ‘This does not seem enough to prompt the queen to hire a hit man to kill him.’
- ‘A professional hit man is killing the team one by one.’
- ‘People in the criminal community began to believe that I was a hit man, and then I began to be solicited for murders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.