One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The hitcher squeezed himself into the front passenger seat rather clumsily.’
- ‘He even stops at petrol stations, to pick up hitchers who need a ride!’
- ‘Yes, most of us hitchers are somewhat crusty.’
- ‘One of my 1988 hitchers went on to climb the Tasman Glacier.’
- ‘There was something about the hitcher's appearance that scared the motorist and his companion off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.