One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of my 1988 hitchers went on to climb the Tasman Glacier.’
- ‘There was something about the hitcher's appearance that scared the motorist and his companion off.’
- ‘Yes, most of us hitchers are somewhat crusty.’
- ‘He even stops at petrol stations, to pick up hitchers who need a ride!’
- ‘The hitcher squeezed himself into the front passenger seat rather clumsily.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.