One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Find exactly the right answer.
- ‘He hits the nail on the head with the current situation.’
- ‘These guys seem to have a knack for hitting the nail on the head, and their newest creation is as short and sweet as they come.’
- ‘This piece by Martin in UWS hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘He also hits the nail on the head about another pet peeve - the substitution of rage with the therapeutic impulse.’
- ‘Your analysis of the Dutch motives for voting no in the referendum hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘I think what that juror just said hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘Mark Grahame hits the nail on the head with his comments about the new breed of ultra-loud fireworks.’
- ‘And the piece you sent me really hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘And north of the Border, Professor John Haldane hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘I believe that Bernard's comment hits the nail on the head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.