One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Find exactly the right answer.
- ‘He hits the nail on the head with the current situation.’
- ‘And the piece you sent me really hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘These guys seem to have a knack for hitting the nail on the head, and their newest creation is as short and sweet as they come.’
- ‘He also hits the nail on the head about another pet peeve - the substitution of rage with the therapeutic impulse.’
- ‘And north of the Border, Professor John Haldane hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘I think what that juror just said hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘I believe that Bernard's comment hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘This piece by Martin in UWS hits the nail on the head.’
- ‘Mark Grahame hits the nail on the head with his comments about the new breed of ultra-loud fireworks.’
- ‘Your analysis of the Dutch motives for voting no in the referendum hits the nail on the head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.