Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A weekly listing of the current bestselling pop records.
top twentyView synonyms
- ‘What do you think about today's music and the current hit parade?’
- ‘Both deserved their places in your hit parade, not to mention their respective Brit nominations.’
- ‘But let's enjoy this band now, before they sell out and become like the rest of the malady-ridden malaise currently polluting our hit parade.’
- ‘With the hit parade out in full force, tracks from Bleed Like Me were infinitely more tolerable than they are on the record.’
- ‘A better leading indicator of the politicization of pop was the first appearance of a Seeger composition on the hit parade.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.