One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be naturally friendly or well suited.
get on well, get on, get along, be on good terms, be friends, be friendly, be compatible, relate well to each other, feel a rapport, see eye to eye, take to each other, warm to each other, find things in commonView synonyms
- ‘Carrie's friend Cathey had introduced the two and they seemed to hit it off immediately.’
- ‘He was glad his friends were hitting it off with Kelly, especially since the start of her day had been kinda rough.’
- ‘Ideally, they'll hit it off, become buds, and you'll never have to worry about it again.’
- ‘She met this guy Tim at a party of a mutual friend and seemed to hit it off.’
- ‘We weren't really hitting it off, but Figi still decides to put her arm around my waist and squeeze me.’
- ‘So they decided to bombard me with personal questions about my best friend, and we hit it off at once.’
- ‘It wasn't long before all six of us hit it off, teasing and conversing like old friends.’
- ‘If they hit it off, she'll be able to pass along a positive word to your other pals.’
- ‘The two of them hit it off wonderfully and it was the start of a great friendship.’
- ‘It so happened that they hit it off immediately and became best friends off the court.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.