One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Infection by a fungus found in the droppings of birds and bats in humid areas. It is not serious if confined to the lungs but can be fatal if spread throughout the body.
The fungus is Histoplasma capsulatum
- ‘Disseminated histoplasmosis is usually fatal if not diagnosed early and treated rapidly.’
- ‘The fungus that causes histoplasmosis grows in the ground.’
- ‘Patients with infections, multiple sclerosis, or exposure to histoplasmosis should also be identified before using infliximab.’
- ‘Empiric therapy for tuberculosis and histoplasmosis was initiated.’
- ‘The most frequent cause of broncholithiasis is calcification of lymph nodes secondary to tuberculosis or histoplasmosis.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.