One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Infection by a fungus found in the droppings of birds and bats in humid areas. It is not serious if confined to the lungs but can be fatal if spread throughout the body.
- ‘Disseminated histoplasmosis is usually fatal if not diagnosed early and treated rapidly.’
- ‘The most frequent cause of broncholithiasis is calcification of lymph nodes secondary to tuberculosis or histoplasmosis.’
- ‘The fungus that causes histoplasmosis grows in the ground.’
- ‘Patients with infections, multiple sclerosis, or exposure to histoplasmosis should also be identified before using infliximab.’
- ‘Empiric therapy for tuberculosis and histoplasmosis was initiated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.