Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Infection by a fungus found in the droppings of birds and bats in humid areas. It is not serious if confined to the lungs but can be fatal if spread throughout the body.
- ‘Patients with infections, multiple sclerosis, or exposure to histoplasmosis should also be identified before using infliximab.’
- ‘Empiric therapy for tuberculosis and histoplasmosis was initiated.’
- ‘The fungus that causes histoplasmosis grows in the ground.’
- ‘Disseminated histoplasmosis is usually fatal if not diagnosed early and treated rapidly.’
- ‘The most frequent cause of broncholithiasis is calcification of lymph nodes secondary to tuberculosis or histoplasmosis.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.