One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of changes in tissues caused by disease.
- ‘The histopathology of bladder tissue revealed a more or less similar picture in the two strains of mice.’
- ‘No fungal elements were identified by histopathology or tissue cultures of both lungs after extensive sampling.’
- ‘We used quantitative methods, as previously described, to study postmortem lung histopathology.’
- ‘In 1870, he received a grant and studied histopathology in Bonn and Vienna.’
- ‘The histopathology of the resected lesion confirmed the pre-operative diagnosis.’
Late 19th century: from histo- + pathology.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.