A diagram consisting of rectangles whose area is proportional to the frequency of a variable and whose width is equal to the class interval.
graph, table, tabulation, grid, histogram, diagram, guide, scheme, figure, illustrationView synonyms
- ‘To see this more clearly we show the frequency histogram for a long cryptogram that was obtained using a Simple Substitution Cipher.’
- ‘The standard procedure for generating a histogram is Graphs Histogram and then selecting the relevant variable.’
- ‘Curves are density function or relative frequency histograms across the genome.’
- ‘The fluorescent signals are presented as frequency distribution histograms.’
- ‘We inverted the algorithm to generate afterpulse-modified histograms from ideal histograms.’
Late 19th century: from Greek histos mast, web + -gram.