Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of science concerned with the identification and distribution of the chemical constituents of tissues by means of stains, indicators, and microscopy.
- ‘Similar results were observed when mast cells were stained red, using chloroacetate esterase histochemistry.’
- ‘Our study of the anatomy and histochemistry of the seed coat has identified a number of potential dormancy mechanisms.’
- ‘Fresh tissues were immediately used for histochemistry.’
- ‘This paper deals with the morphology, anatomy, histochemistry and biochemistry of the glandular hairs of S. jorullensis.’
- ‘This offers the possibility of structural and mechanical correlation in the field and raises the possibility of field histochemistry.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.