The branch of science concerned with the identification and distribution of the chemical constituents of tissues by means of stains, indicators, and microscopy.
- ‘This paper deals with the morphology, anatomy, histochemistry and biochemistry of the glandular hairs of S. jorullensis.’
- ‘Our study of the anatomy and histochemistry of the seed coat has identified a number of potential dormancy mechanisms.’
- ‘Fresh tissues were immediately used for histochemistry.’
- ‘Similar results were observed when mast cells were stained red, using chloroacetate esterase histochemistry.’
- ‘This offers the possibility of structural and mechanical correlation in the field and raises the possibility of field histochemistry.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.