One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abnormal growth of hair on a person's face and body, especially on a woman.
- ‘If a woman has irregular menses, abrupt hair loss, hirsutism, or acne recurrence, an endocrine evaluation is appropriate.’
- ‘Simultaneously, she was developing hirsutism, excessive growth of body hair.’
- ‘Furthermore, chronic use can lead to hirsutism and gum hypertrophy.’
- ‘Combined medical interventions may be the most effective treatment approach to hirsutism.’
- ‘Obesity, acne, hirsutism, and acanthosis nigricans may be signs of polycystic ovary syndrome or diabetes mellitus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.