One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A waterproof boot that reaches the hip.
- ‘Another major hazard in the fall is hip boots and waders.’
- ‘You can buy a camouflage hip boot set from L.L. Bean, or find an appropriate set at any fine sporting goods store near you.’
- ‘La Crosse also has a line of hip boots and waders in various styles for the hunter in extremely wet conditions.’
- ‘I can get by with these waterproof boots and not have to put up with the bother or discomfort of wearing hip boots or waders.’
- ‘I could have borrowed his hip boots and wandered in to find it myself.’
- ‘Their essential equipment included pick and shovel, a pan for separating gold particles from gravel and sand, rubber hip boots, and a strong back.’
- ‘His hip boots and willow creel, along with a fly rod, define him as a fly fisher.’
- ‘Oh, when I got seriously into waterfowling 35 years or so ago, all waders and hip boots were made of vulcanized rubber.’
- ‘It will be a good idea to wear hip boots and take care of cuts and scrapes before the toxic slush turns them into festering sores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.